Although we do not perform or refer for abortions, we do offer resources to help you better understand what you might go through after an abortion. We can help you understand what feelings are normal after an abortion and what might be cause for concern.
Whether you had a surgical abortion, took the abortion pill, or simply care about someone who had an abortion, we can help you deal with your emotions and move toward recovery. No matter how you currently feel, it’s important to understand that healing is possible. We’re here to help you.
After an abortion, many women experience feelings they never imagined they would have. Trained leaders, many of whom have worked through their own abortions, can help women come to a place of healing. For post-abortion help, call (937) 298-2822 to make an appointment today.
Typical Post-Abortion Symptoms
Following an abortion, it’s common to experience unpleasant feelings that can last for extended periods of time if an effort to deal with them is not made. The most common post-abortion symptoms include:
- Guilt and regret
- Thoughts of suicide
- Avoidance of intimate relationships
- Engaging in unhealthy relationships
- Feelings of shame
- Random and prolonged bouts of crying
- Abuse of drugs and alcohol
- Severe and frequent anxiety
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Do I often feel angry and irritable?
- Do I feel guilt and/or shame about the abortion?
- Do I regret having the abortion?
- Have I lost interest in things I used to love since the abortion?
If you have faced any of the above symptoms or answered yes to these questions, consider seeking help. We offer support to help you cope. More and more women and men are reaching out. You don’t have to go through this alone. Contact us today to begin your healing journey.